Friday, March 31, 2017

Catching Up with Old Friends

For the last two weeks I have been reveling in the release of books by some of my favorite authors.  I am a voracious reader and I love it when I stumble upon a series of books by an author that I enjoy.  Once I get hooked on a series then it is a waiting game until the next book comes out.  It seems like this year the release of the next book in several series happened about the same time. 

Here is a list of the books I have been reading:

The Devil's Triangle (A Brit in the FBI #4)
Catherine Coulter and J. T. Ellison

Wait for Dark (A Bishop/SCU Novel)
Karen Hooper

Black Fall (Jessica Blackwood #3)
Andrew Mayne

Silence Fallen (A Mercy Thompson Novel)
Patricia Briggs

Man Overboard: An Ali Reynolds Novel (Ali Reynolds Series Book 12)
J. A. Jance

Wow, it has been so much fun.  Reading the next book in a series I like is similar to sitting down with an old friend who I have not seen for a while.  I know their back story and am eager to hear what is happening in their lives right now.  It is like slipping into a really comfortable pair of jeans which you love wearing.

So I am enjoying myself but also find that I have a book hangover when I am done.  How long will it be before I get to catch up with these old friends again.  I follow many of these authors on Facebook and Twitter.  I want to tell them, "Quit doing other things, write faster! I am waiting for your next book."

I was telling a friend that for me it is so much fun to find a new series that I have not read in the past.  That is why I really like sites such as Book Bub because they may introduce you to the first book in a series (for a really great price also!).  Then if I like it I can go back and find the other books in the series and binge read all of them.  Friends tell me they do that on Netflix with television series.  For me I prefer finding something new to read.

What do you like in terms of books series?  Do you go back and read previous books when a new one in a series is ready to be released?   Do you enjoy reading book series so you can catch up with old friends?

Happy reading (or television binge watching)!  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment.