Thursday, March 23, 2017

Big Dreams list

This week two of the authors I follow have been writing about lists on their blog (www.wordwranglers.blogspot.com).  I love lists.  They help to organize my time and keep me on track.  I also love the moment when I complete a task and am able to check it off my list.  What a feeling of accomplishment!  I have to admit that sometimes when I am working off a list and I do something that is not listed I will add it to my list and then check it off.  Now you know one of my guilty pleasures.

Recently I have been thinking about what I want to do for the last part of my life.  I am not dying or anything like that, I just want to make sure that I get done what I want to get done.  I do not want to look back on my life and say "I wish I would have done ____."  Whatever that missing item might be. 

So here is what I have so far.   Some of these are bigger dreams while others are just my hopes for the future. Yet I have found that if I have a big goal that may be a stretch if I own it and put it on my list it will happen.

Carolyn's Big Dreams List for the next part of her life:

Finish the Hockey Moms trilogy of romance novels I am currently working on.

Continue writing more romance novels.

Complete two non-fiction works I am also developing.

Be invited to do a TED talk... and do it!

Have one of the books I have written optioned for a movie or a television show/series.

Attend the Ballymaloe Cookery School in Ireland with my sister in law.  (covers two goals, cooking and travel)

Continue teaching in some format, either face to face or online classes.

Spend as much time with my grandson as I can

See my son marry the love of his life/woman of his dreams (I know that is not my goal but I can encourage him)

This is a work in progress so more goals will be added and some will be crossed off!  The day I cross off any of these will be a day of great joy for me.

So what are your big dreams?  Write them down, make a list and begin crossing them off also.  I wish you the best!

"All of our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
-Walt Disney










No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment.