Thursday, March 9, 2017

Life and Curve Balls, "Roll Tide" and "Go Skins"

Life does throw us some curve balls.  I mentioned a few posts ago that I had been told my position at the college where I work is being eliminated.  So far my employer has not offered me anything else in terms of employment.  I am vacillating between looking at this as an opportunity and being depressed because I was not planning to do a job search at this time in my life.  I really wanted to just work until I was ready to retire and then move on.  That was not in the cards for me.

So I am not waiting for my employer but I am seeking employment.  It has been fun to see the difference in jobs I can consider with almost nine years of employment at a community college and an earned doctorate added to my resume.  I know where I end up will be wonderful and just the right thing for me at this time.  So send me your good thoughts, prayers and ideas for where I can seek employment.  I am not ready to retire yet!

It seems like recently I have drifted toward having two topics in my weekly blog post.  So this week I will tell you a story.  My husband and I graduated from Miami University (not University of Miami) and at that time we were called the Redskins.  After we graduated the university, as with many others, decided to change our mascot to the Redhawks.  For my husband and many others who graduated before the change Miami will always be the "Skins."



Our grandson who lives in Tennessee has family on his mother's side who are all Alabama fans.  That is where the "Roll Tide" came from.  It is so cute to hear him say "Roll Tide" in his little southern accent.  My husband has made it his goal in life for our grandson to also say "Go 'Skins"  It is a fun game they play when they are talking on the phone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment.