Thursday, April 6, 2017

Tell me what you think.

Recently I was reading the local business paper and there was an article about a new company that will be expanding here in Indianapolis.  The company is ClearScholar and they develop communication platforms for colleges to increase student engagement.  As I was reading the article I was thinking that would be a company I would love to learn more about.  Since I am in the process of a job search I am thinking about what other areas I would like to explore.  As with many college faculty I struggle with making sure my students get all the information they need to be successful in their studies. 

So I tucked that thought away into my mind and went on my with my life.

This week I was at a higher education conference on education and employment.  It was really interesting and had many political leaders as speakers.  For lunch we had a served lunch and the keynote speaker was the new governor of Indiana.  I was seated at a table alone when three young adults joined me.  As we often do at these types of events everyone introduced themselves and told a little about what they do.  The three people who sat with me introduced themselves and all were with the company ClearScholar.  We had a great discussion about what they do and my frustrations with making sure that my students are engaged in learning as well as participating in all the activities available to them at the college where I work. 

Now the amazing thing about this is I remembered my passing thought from a few weeks earlier about wanting to know more about this company.  Yet in the happenstance of a conference lunch I not only met three employees from the company but we exchanged business cards and had a great discussion about what they are doing and my interests. 

Coincidence you say?  As I am going through this journey of career change I have been praying and doing a lot of reflecting on the power of God.  I have asked God to take away my fear of the unknown in my future and show me His will for my life.  I believe that business lunch at a conference where four strangers chose a table was an indication of God's power and connection to my life.  I did not even pray to ask for an "in" with this company, just thought, "wow, it would be nice to possibly work somewhere like that." 

I don't know if this will end of with me working for a company such as ClearScholar but it was a definite reminder to me of the power of God and His involvement in our lives. 

What do you think?  Coincidence or the Power of God? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment.