Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Starting a new year!

I love the holidays.  For me everything surrounding the holidays is wonderful.  I love the decorating, the lights, the food and the events.  I especially love getting together with family and having time to enjoy some time to visit with those people who I love and don't get to see very often.

Yet, once the holidays are over I am over them.  The tree comes down, the decorations get put away.  I clean up the house and get rid of things I am not using.  I was telling a friend that as of right now I am tired of the celebrating, all the hurry, hurry to get things done and all the rich food.  I am ready to burrow in and make it through winter as best I can.

One thing that picks me up is that my seed catalogs start arriving right after Christmas.  So while I am making it though winter I can also look at the photos of beautiful gardens and plan mine for the summer.  Last year we grew cucumbers for the first time and they were wonderful.  This year I plan to expand the garden beds so I can plant more! 

Don't you just love new years also? It is a great time to make resolutions and start fresh.  My husband and I have been on a clean out spree recently.  Yes, the Pack Rat (that's my husband) is on board with simplifying our lives and getting rid of the things we don't use.  I will try to get rid of as much as I can until he starts to get stressed because his stuff is leaving the house.  (Shh, don't tell him that).

How do you embrace the new year?  Resolutions?  Get fit?  I will spend my new year hopefully cleaning out the house and preparing for a garage sale to get rid of stuff we are not using. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment.