Monday, November 12, 2012

Weather, football, Thanksgiving (Gratitude Part 3)

First of all I am so happy the election is over.  Here in Indiana we were inundated with commercials and mailings for our highly contested senatorial race.  My sister who lives in Ohio has said that someone else can be the battleground state next time.  In addition to non-stop commercials she said they had 6 - 10 phone calls a night from special interest groups as well as people walking the neighborhoods trying to influence their votes.  I told her Ohio needs to become either Republican or Democrat and stop being so wishy-washy about who they support.  So I am grateful the votes have been cast, results tabulated and winners announced.  I'm especially grateful to see commercials for Black Friday sales rather than candidates. 

This last weekend my husband and I went to Oxford Ohio for a football and hockey game on Saturday at Miami University (our alma mater).  It was a beautiful day for football.  Everyone kept saying that they could not believe it was November because it was sunny and warm all day.  Of course in the usual manner of the Midwest today we had a combination of snow and rain (called a wintery mix by the weather forecasters) and now it is sunny and cold.  As they say in Indiana if you don't like the weather just wait, it will change.  I am so happy to have the change of the seasons to enjoy. I know all my Florida friends and family will be talking about their wonderful warm weather in winter but I'll take the change of seasons any day - even winter. 





This is a photo of my husband and me with "Swoop" the Miami University mascot.    This weekend we enjoyed three hockey games and a football game.  I definitely had a sports overload this last weekend.  Oh well, it was a fun weekend although I may need a vacation to recover from my weekend.  
 
Can you believe next week is Thanksgiving?  I was talking to someone today and realized I needed to make a decision about cooking Thanksgiving dinner or doing something else.  I will probably go ahead and cook.  It's always fun to organize myself and get a festive meal done that everyone enjoys.  It gives me a chance to test my baking skills also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment.