Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving week 2012

Thanksgiving is here.  I spent time in the grocery store this week buying what we need for our Thanksgiving dinner.  We are going non-traditional this year with Turkey Cordon Bleu and Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes.  I will let you know how they turn out. 

It seems like Thanksgiving has almost been overshadowed with holiday shopping and Black Friday sales.  I'm trying not to get caught up in all the excitement of shopping.  With a grandson being born in February I have other things to focus on other than whether I can get the best deal on something at Target or somewhere else. 

I enjoy Thanksgiving because it is a chance to gather with friends and family and enjoy everyone before all the craziness of Christmas and the holidays.  I love the cooking and food and sharing of time and stories and love. 

Enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend.  I will be thinking of everyone on Friday morning (or Thanksgiving evening) who are checking out the sales.  I will enjoy this week but also am looking forward to the lights, smells and sounds of the Christmas season (as well as the Winter Solstice). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment.