Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day! (Gratitude Part 2)

In the United States it is election day.  I am so grateful to live in a country where we can participate in the political process and the governing of ourselves.  Even though I am totally finished with all the political ads and mail and political rants by my friends on Facebook I am still grateful that we are all able to to this out in the open.

Today Facebook is full of friends who are reporting they have voted and companies which are encouraging people to get out to vote.  When I taught my class this morning one of the topics we discussed was who had voted already and who planned to vote later in the day.

It's exciting to see our government change following an election. The passage of power from person to person and party to party in a manner that is civil is an incredible sight and a tribute to the genius of our founding fathers.

So today I am grateful for our political freedom and the ability to freely voice our opinions.  You may be shouted down by someone who has a different political leaning yet that freedom to be able to have our exchanges of ideas is also something for which I am grateful. 

If you have not done it already get out and vote.  You never know when one vote will make the difference in an election.  As you are standing in line take a minute to be grateful for the right to have your voice be heard in our governing process by casting your ballot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment.