Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Time Change Musings

I love fall.  It is probably my favorite season of the year - besides the fact it is followed by winter.  I love the sunny warm days and cool, crisp nights.  There is nothing better than donning a sweater or sweatshirt for a walk on a cool fall day. 

Last week I was walking my dogs and the sidewalks were covered by leaves.  While I was walking through the leaves the swish - crunch sound they made as my shoes moved through them reminded me of times as a kid.  There was nothing more fun that making huge piles of leaves and then running through or falling into them and then starting all over again. 

This last weekend we moved from Daylight Savings Time to regular time (I guess non-Daylight Savings Time).  I much prefer the fall back of the autumn change to the spring forward of the March change.  Unfortunately my dogs have not received the news of the time change.  They are telling me at 8:00 it is time to go to bed - according to their internal clocks it is our regular bed time, which was 9:00 throughout the summer.  Hopefully we all get on the same page about bedtime and the clock.  Of course that will probably be about the time we "spring forward" after the first of the year. 

I have often thought that my perfect weather would be a glorious fall, then a short winter, just through Christmas.  Then we can move onto spring right after the first of the year, avoiding those long, dark months of January and February.  Of course if we had perfect weather then everyone would want to move to Indiana. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment.