Monday, November 30, 2015

The New Normal

"What day is it? " asked Pooh
"It's today!" squeaked Piglet
"My favorite day" said Pooh

A. A. Milne

This quote is one of my favorites.  It reminds me to live in the moment and not to worry about tomorrow or to fret about yesterday.  I am a worrier and a fretter.  I really try to stay in the present and experience life as it is happening but thoughts of yesterday and tomorrow keep creeping into my mind and stealing the joy of the moment from me.

Right now my main worry is about my son, James and grandson, Ronan.  James' relationship with Ronan's mom has ended and with many relationship endings it has not been harmonious.  Stuck in the middle is an almost three-year-old boy who misses his dad and does not understand what is happening.  Life today for him is not the same as it was a few weeks ago.

I know that in the end the best will work out for everyone.  Ronan is not the only child who must learn to live between the homes of both his parents and juggle new relationships.   He will survive and probably thrive in the future once this is all sorted out and becomes routine.

For now my heart is hurting and I just want to gather him up in my arms and tell him everything will be all right.  I have to let this play out  and be resolved between his parents and know Ronan will be fine with his new normal.

James will have a new normal, working out custody arrangements and becoming accustomed to the times he will have Ronan with him.

If you are reading this and know us please take a moment to say a prayer or send good thoughts our way as we strive toward what our lives will be in the future.    


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment.