Monday, May 4, 2015

Wallowing in Books and Loving It!

For the last six years I have been working on a doctorate.  So much of my reading has been school related or focused on the research for my dissertation.  I successfully completed my dissertation in October and graduated from Ball State University in December 2014.
Since that time I have been indulging myself in my love of reading but now I am reading fiction, not academic work.  Between BookBub the public library and Amazon I have filled my Kindle with lots of books to read. 

For me some are new books by favorite, or new authors.  Some of the books are ones I am re-reading because I love the story and want to travel through it again with the characters.  I am enjoying Charlaine Harris' new series set in Midnight Texas.  I got to catch up on J. A. Jance's Ali Reynolds series of mysteries.  I also was able to re-read some of my favorite books by Indiana author Liz Flaherty.  Her book "One More Summer" is one that brings out all the emotions I experienced when I first read it.  

I have found some great new authors also.  I have enjoyed the series of books featuring Kate Burkholder by Linda Castillo.  This series of books is set within an Amish community.  Kate Burkholder, the main character, was formerly part of the Amish community but now is trying to maintain the balance between the Amish and the English residents in her county.  One of the most interesting new characters I have found is Jessica Blackwood in the series of books by Andrew Mayne.  She is from a family of magicians but now is an FBI agent.  It is a interesting concept and I am waiting for the next book in the series. 

For now I have no plans to read anything that is not romance, mystery or a thriller novel.  No more academic journals or educational treatise for this girl.  I may get tired of my current reading diet of lighter fare but for the moment I just enjoying reading for fun and entertainment.  I will let my brain rest for a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment.