Monday, April 27, 2015

Finishing my month of birthday celebrations.

Earlier this month it was my birthday.  Since I have reached a certain age I really am not in need of presents (even though I love opening gifts).  So my family planned a month of events for me in celebration of my special day. 

The weekend of my birthday my husband and I had dinner out and enjoyed spending time together.  He is starting his busy season at the Nickel Plate District Amphitheater in Fishers Indiana so we wanted to have a weekend of fun and relaxation. 

The following weekend we attended a play put on the by Nickel Plate Players (www.nickelplateplayers.com).  It was an evening of murder, mystery and fun called "Death of the Piano Man: Who Killed Billy Joel."  We sang and laughed and had a wonderful evening with 20 of our new best friends.  If you get a chance to be part of an evening with the Nickel Plate Players do it.  It is a rollicking good time!

The next week I got to do something that has been on my bucket list for a while.  I spent Saturday with the Indiana Romance Writers of America at a workshop called "Making Magic"  with the wonderful presenters Lani Diane Rich and Alastair Stephens from StoryWonk.  I got to meet and talk to two of my favorite Indiana romance writers, Liz Flaherty and Nan Reinhardt.  It was a wonderful day where I got to explore my next goal in life, writing a romance novel.

Later that day we went to Miami University in Oxford, Ohio for the hockey team's night of celebration.  It was a chance to see several of our favorite players, many of whom lived with us over the years when we housed players for the USHL.  We also got to say goodbye to those players who are graduating and going on to play professional hockey, or going on to graduate school.  

Finally, this last weekend my sister in law, Marty, came over and we had a no-holds-barred, all out shopping weekend.  We hit the outlet mall in Edinburgh, catching many great deals there.  Then we got on a bus and went to Chicago for day visiting ethnic neighborhoods and indulging ourselves in eating, and purchasing ingredients for cooking.  It was a foodie overload.

So this month has been wonderful.  I was able to enjoy many things and indulge myself in my many loves (reading, writing, cooking and eating).  I said goodbye to some young men who have been part of my life, wishing them all the best in their futures.  I spent time with people I love.  Now I am looking forward to May and starting my garden.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment.