Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Words of Wisdom from the Grocery Store Parking Lot

As I have mentioned in a previous blog post ("You live where you live"  12/24/12) my husband and I usually shop at the same grocery store every Saturday morning.  It's a chance for us to have breakfast together, reflect on our respective weeks and plan some tasty meals for the weekend and the next week.  At the store where we shop there is a young man who is responsible for getting the carts from the parking lot.  We have come to know him well and always take time to chat with him as we are walking into the store or leaving with our groceries. 

This week was no different.  He happened to see us in the parking lot as we were walking into the store and came over to talk.  First of all he started with teasing us about snow.  That has been an ongoing dialog all winter, him teasing us about big snow storms coming our way.  We usually react with "Oh No!"  and then blame any snow we get on him.   He finds that extremely funny. 

As we were talking one of the things he said was "It's so hard to be good!"  We all laughed at his joke but as usual when he says something to me it got me thinking about his words.  Maybe all of us should be in touch with our inner child and keep in mind that although we all try to be good it is hard.  Sometimes I just want to say "forget it" to being good and would rather dance my way through life.  Of course I can't do that because I am older, I am responsible, I have a demeanor that is expected of me....

Yet, it's so hard to be good.  I'll keep that in mind today and other days as I struggle to be the responsible adult yet my inner child is asking to be let loose.  I wonder what would happen if my inner child would break free? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment.