Friday, February 20, 2015

Hey Siberia! You can have your air back!

So here we are over halfway through February.  This has not been a bad winter compared to last winter here in Indiana (over 3 feet of snow last winter) or the winter they are having in the northwest states (over 9 feet of snow).  But the last few days have been brutal here in Indiana.  We are in the midst of a change in the jet stream bringing Siberian air to the Midwest. 

Yes, I know there are people who live in Siberia and I applaud them.  They are much tougher than I am.  As the temperature has dipped below zero for the last few nights I have just not been much of a trouper about it. (Think - whine, whine, whine).  My dogs have been miserable when we go out.  Sadie our beagle (who now believes she is a diva since the beagle won Best in Show at the Westminster Dog Club) comes in limping after each foray out into the cold.  Allie (the Princess) just looks at me like "really, do we have to do this again?"  It's not been a pleasant time all around. 

Starting today it is supposed to warm up but we will be getting either more snow or possibly a "wintry mix" based on the path of the "juicy" weather that is coming our way.  Weather that has snow, ice and cold attached is not "juicy" in my opinion, it is just nasty. 

The wonderful thing is that we are halfway through February.  Spring is only a few weeks away and warmer weather is approaching.  I have my seeds for the garden and the tomatoes and peppers are going under the grow lights this week. 

Pretty soon Siberia will have their air back and we will be on our way to warmer weather.  That suits me just fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment.