Thursday, January 30, 2014

I am over winter!

I decided that we are paying for the wonderful, warm weather we had during Super Bowl XLVI here in Indianapolis on 2/5/2012.  That winter was mild, with the Super Bowl week being unseasonably warm here in Indianapolis.  This winter has been brutal.  Between the Polar Vortex and the Alberta Clippers we have been left in the deep freeze for weeks and snow seems to just stay around forever. 

Right now my neighborhood is an ice skating rink, the roads are covered in a thick layer of ice.  So when I walk my dog she and I both are slipping all over the place.  Oh, for a few sunny, warm days to melt the snow and break up the ice. 

So to all the people who prayed, wished, and did possible sacrifices to get the great weather for the Super Bowl in 2012, thanks!  In the way of the Universe nature must be balanced and now we are paying the price for that weather. 

I really try to be grateful for where I am everyday (see blog post on "You live where you live").  Yet right now I would be so happy for a warm spell to at least get rid of what we have, winter-wise, before the next big storm hits. 

Now I know why I don't live somewhere further north.  Of course if I did I would be prepared with the right clothing and boots, as well as a snow mobile to get around. 

One day closer to Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment.