Friday, August 30, 2013

Struggling with something to write about

First of all for those of you who are English composition experts I know my title is not grammatically correct.  Yet this week I am just struggling to write about something.  Usually a topic or something jumps out at me and I feel great about the topic and the ideas flow.  This week ... nothing! 

I guess it is just media overload this week.  It started with the Mtv Video Music Awards early in the week.  It seems like everywhere you look you see clips or photos of Miley Cyrus and Robin Thicke in their very questionable performance.  I did not watch the awards but have heard about it non-stop, on the internet, television, in blogs and Facebook.  I won't weigh in on this, too many other people have.  Yet I can't help but think that Miley, Robin, their publicists and their marketing teams are all ecstatic about the unrelenting coverage. 

Now we in the United States are on the brink of another war or at least some type of military action with Syria.  Again, I don't want to comment here but it seems from what I have read people are tired of war and tired of the United States being the police force for the world.  Let someone  step up if it is important to more people than those in Washington DC. 

In my little world I am just missing my grandson (as well as his parents) who live in another city and state about five hours away from where I live.  I'm struggling with completing my dissertation.  Finally I just want to get a few tasks completed at my house and enjoy the long weekend.  My needs are tiny compared to things that are "trending" and overtaking the internet, at least this week. 

Watching this constant media barrage makes me just want to focus on my little corner of the world and do what I can for those people I love and care about. 

What about you?  Do you gobble up what is trending or do you want to disconnect and just focus on what is important to you and what you can influence? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment.