Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Life Needs an "i" Button

Last weekend my husband and I drove to Nashville TN to visit our kids and see our grandson.  Since my car was in the shop getting some work done on it we rented a car for the trip.  This was a brand new car with lots of fun techie toys included in it.  We had a great time with the radio because it had Sirius/XM still installed on it.  So we were driving down the road reveling in "60's on 6" and "80's on 8" and all the other fun stations with lots of music.

One of the best things on the radio was a little button just above and to the left of the display.  It was an "i" button.  We found out that if we were stumped on a song we could just press the "i" button and we could find out the song title and the artist.  How cool!

I don't know about you but often when we hear a song and can't figure out the title or the artist it drives us nuts.  My husband is an encyclopedia of music trivia, having worked in the business for several decades.  Often within the first few bars of a song he can tell the title, artist, who else did remakes of it and, depending on the artist, also has a story of when he worked with that artist.  But occasionally we are both stumped and cannot remember the song or the artist.  That is where the "i" button came in so handy.  How fun to be able to push the "i" button and we knew who was singing on the radio.

Wouldn't it be nice to have an "i" button for everything.  I know Staples has the "easy"button but what I really want is a universal "i" button.  Sometimes I run into people who look familiar and I know but I can't remember their names.  If I had a universal "i" button I could just push it and know who they are.  That would alleviate me having to say, "Remind me of your name?"

Just think what else it could work for.  Those days when I go to the grocery store and have not written down my list.  The "i" button could remind me I need hot sauce or napkins or whatever before I walk out of the store.  Now I know all you techies would say you can put a grocery list on your smart phone and I do.  Still I need something to nudge me and say, "Recheck your list, you are forgetting something!"

Even when I walk into the kitchen with a task in mind and then can't remember what it is.  Just press the "i" button and it will tell you what you intended to do but forgot.

Now I know most of this is because I am "older" but I'm challenging all my young tech-savvy friends to think about this.  You could change life for those of us who are Baby Boomers.  No more forgotten things or tasks with the universal "i" button!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment.