Monday, June 5, 2017

Sorry I have been missing

Life has gone from quiet and predictable to crazy busy for me.  I started a new job in the middle of May.  I am working for the same employer but in a totally different department and capacity.  For the last two weeks I have been trying to figure out what I should be doing and learning new things.  Most days I just go home and night and just crash from exhaustion.  I had no energy to write anything. 

Then I went to Tennessee to spend time with my Grandson while my son was touring with a different country act (for him).  He had been with one performer for quite a while but took some time off from touring to take care of business at home and to finalize the purchase of his house.

So I got to spend time with my grandson on my own. We had a great time playing games, cooking and just hanging out.  He discovered YouTube on my tablet and spent time watching these silly toy infomercials.  Then we found movie clips and had a great time watching those.  We also spent time playing a version of Frisbee/soccer/volleyball where he made up the rules as we went along.  It was great until we got the Frisbee caught in the tree in the front yard. 

Sunday morning cooking was great, we made breakfast.

We also tried flying a kite, that did not work because there was no wind that day.  So he ran around the yard trying to make the kite fly.

It was fun to spend time with him, just the two of us.  Of course we also had to hit the grocery store because he had a "list" of things he wanted. 

So I am adjusting to a new level of activity in my life between work and family.  It is a great thing, I have hit over 10,000 steps most days now. 

So life moves on.  My grandson started pre-k last week.  He was so excited to be starting school.  I am settling into my job and don't experience panic every time someone asks me something.  We will both move on to the new adventures in our lives. 

We also have our memories of time together.  Those  are priceless.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment.