Friday, May 5, 2017

A Walk of Faith - Update

Several weeks ago I posted about the fact my position at my employer was being eliminated at the end of May.  The notice of my job disappearing was frightening and threw me totally off course.  I had everything planned for the next few years but life sent me elsewhere.

So I wrote about my journey to a new job as a walk of faith.  It is so hard to rest in God's promises that He has a plan and will take care of us.  I had to remind myself daily that this transition was in God's hands.  I did many things that took me out of my comfort zone as part of this transition.  I talked to friends and co-workers.  I asked for help and guidance from others.  There was lots of prayer, both on my part and from a group of prayer warriors who offered to help me.

It was starting to look pretty bleak, I had done all the right things and had applied and interviewed for several positions, both with my current employer and with others.  My husband was my rock and we planned how we would handle things if I did not get a job.  It included a call to our son saying, "If this does not work out we will sell everything and move in with you!"  He welcomed us and and told us that would not totally suck if it happened.

In my prayers this week I told God that no matter what happened I knew He had a plan and it was perfect.  On Wednesday I got a call that changed my life.  I was offered another position at the employer where I work.  It is a total change from what I have been doing yet not really that different from my previous position.

Here is how God works, at least from my perspective.  The position I was offered was originally opened and advertised.   I had thought about applying for it but doubted my qualifications.   I was asked to be on the interview committee for the first posting of this position.  After the interviews there was a candidate who seemed perfect for the position.  He was offered the job and accepted.  I told the supervisor that I had thought about applying for the position but did not.  Then a few weeks later the supervisor contacted me and told me that the candidate had withdrawn his acceptance of the position.  How often does that happen?  I applied for the position as soon as it was re-posted.  That is the position I was offered this week.  How can I doubt that this was not the working of God when a job I wanted was offered to someone else and then it ended up being offered to me. 

So where I was expecting an ending now I am looking forward to a new beginning.  I will be changing departments and supervisors.  This looks so exciting for me and as always God's plan is perfect.

Trust that all things will work out for the best.  God is truly good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment.