Thursday, February 16, 2017

A Walk of Faith

It has been one of those days.  Today I found out that my position at the college where I work will be eliminated by the end of May this year.  This is frightening for me because I am an older worker but not close to being able to retire.  I am trying really hard to look at this as a walk of faith for me.

I know that God will provide for my husband and me but it is so hard to rest in those promises right now.  My mind is spinning with possibilities.  What will I do?  How will we make it?  My job is the source of our health insurance coverage and that is scary.

In talking to friends here where I work I have been told unofficially that a place will be found for me.  I am highly trained and have taken on every learning opportunity that has been presented to me.  My employer also paid for my doctorate (I was fortunate to graduate debt free).  Why would they want to get rid of someone they invested so much money in?

So I have to just wait, and listen to the voice of God.  Knowing that what is coming, although it will be new, will also be a wonderful opportunity for me.

I am asking for your prayers if you are reading this post.  Also, I will let you know the outcome.

"I am no longer a slave to fear.  I am a child of God"  -  Bethany Music 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment.