Thursday, April 3, 2014

March, What a Month!

I had an eventful March, 2014.  It came in with snow and storms (remember as a kid we talked about March coming in like a lion).  During the month I worked through issues with the Institutional Review Board at Ball State University to begin my dissertation research.  (Thanks IRB for the final approval!).  I spent time gathering data for my research and have the final work in early April.  So if all goes well I will be done and graduating with my Ed.D in July this year. 

Also, during March I was on my way to an early morning meeting for a board on which I volunteer and sitting in traffic at a red light when, BOOM! some idiot who was not paying attention ran into the car behind me and caused a four car pile up.   It's interesting that when he got out the the car he said, "I don't know what happened, I looked up and everyone was stopped."  Yep you moron, we were all stopped at the red light that obviously you did not see!  Maybe if you concentrate on driving and not on whatever you were doing (probably texting) then this type of thing could be avoided.  Because of his inattention three cars were totaled, including mine. 

The crazy thing is that I was not supposed to be at that intersection at that time except I was on my way to that breakfast meeting for a volunteer board position.  I have been struggling with anger ever since that morning. 

I know I am grateful that I was not hurt worse than I was.  My car will be paid off and a replacement is available.  I am thankful the car the guy was driving had insurance even though he did not.  I keep thinking of the phone call that driver made to the owner of the car.  "Hey, I have some bad news.  I totaled your car and two others.  Sorry, man!" 

So life moves on and April is upon us.  Hopefully it will be a better month and we can look forward to the end of this long, difficult winter.  My friends and I have made a pact.  No matter how hot it gets this summer no one is going to complain about the weather! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment.