Monday, March 25, 2013

Snow, Sports and Success!

So today is March 25 and here in Indiana we have somewhere between 7 and 8 inches of snow on the ground.  This is very unusual for us to have such a significant spring snow storm.  Last year at this time we were complaining because it was in the 80's by mid-March.   That's the thing about Indiana, we are always complaining about the weather and it is always changing. 

It's amazing that with this storm the forecasters were right on.  They predicted almost to the minute when the storm would begin, when the snow would be at its worst and when it would start to taper off.  The early prediction gave all of us a chance to hit the stores and stock up in case we were snowed in.  Technology is really accurate in developing computer "models" that will let us know the path of a storm and what to expect.  The forecasters are not wrong very often and I appreciate having information to plan my time. 

This was one of my husband's favorite weekends.  There was NCAA hockey and basketball on television.  As I did some cleaning and rearranging of my craft room my husband was glued to the television.  The funny thing was that he would occasionally call out to me with updates.  Like I really care?  My hockey team (Miami University) imploded in the CCHA tournament and I really do not like basketball at all.  There was no joy for the Butler Basketball fans as their team was out of the NCAA tournament early.  There was joy for the Indiana University fans as their team made it to the Sweet 16. 

The big news for my week was that I successfully completed the oral defense of my comprehensive exams for my doctorate.  It was pretty daunting facing my committee and answering questions posed by them on my responses to the questions.  In the end they all signed off and I am cleared to present my dissertation proposal in the next few weeks.  This has been a five year journey and the end is in sight.  Sometimes I wonder why I continue to persevere but this is a goal I will achieve.  

So moving on, this snow storm will be finished and the snow will melt.  We will be celebrating Easter this weekend and hopefully spring will be close behind.  After a short break I get back to work on my studies.  College basketball will be done and we will move on to other sports.  Happy Spring! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment.