Friday, March 1, 2013

Lion or Lamb?

Today is March 1.  I can remember as a child my teachers would always put up a bulletin board for March about it coming in as a lion and going out as a lamb.  I wonder if elementary school teachers do that now? 

Here in Indiana March did come in as a lion.  We have grey skies, snow and cold temperatures.  So hopefully as the month progresses we will have milder temperatures and start to see the beginning of Spring. 

I love the change of the seasons.  The beginning of March marks the end of winter and we know that Spring is only a few weeks away.  When winter is approaching I love the idea of cold nights and evenings by the fire.  But by the end of February I am ready for the soft rain of spring and the start of flowers and my garden.  It seems that in my life I am always looking forward to what is coming.  Does that mean I am not enjoying the moment as I should?  I hope I am not wishing away my time but rather enjoying the moment as well as anticipating the changes on the horizon. 

Last week we were in Nashville Tennessee and there the spring flowers were up and pansies had been planted.  It made me all the more wishful for the change of seasons to happen soon.  

So I hope your March is starting well and you will welcome the change of the seasons this month (and the beginning of Daylight Savings Time!).  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment.