Monday, December 24, 2012

"You live where you live!"

Over the weekend my husband and I were at the grocery store picking up a few final things for Christmas.  The young man who picks up the carts in the parking lot followed us to the car to get our cart.  We always talk to him and he often has words of wisdom.  It was a cold, icy day in Indiana and my husband was complaining about the weather.  The young man, who is developmentally challenged asked him why he did not move to Florida.  My husband responded that we could not do that right now.  The young man responded with, "You live where you live!" 

That statement struck me as so profound.  It reminded me that anyplace we happen to be can be a place of beauty and peace.  It also reminded me that if I am unhappy with something I can either change my situation or just accept it and look for the best. 

In this season of wonder with the celebration of the birth of Christ it seems we are also overwhelmed with sadness.  The tragedy in Connecticut has struck at the hearts of so many of us.  Personally I am dealing with the recent passing of my mother after a long illness.  On the positive side we are awaiting the birth of our first grandchild in early 2013. 

I have had trouble getting into the spirit of the season this year.  Yet God works in some amazing ways.  Who knew that I would find a spiritual lift in the parking lot of the grocery store from the words of the young man who picks up the carts. 

So where ever you are I hope you have a wonderful holiday and the Merry Christmas.  Remember, "You live where you live!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment.