Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Countdown to Election

One of my frustrations right now is all the political junk on Facebook.  Many of my friends are politically active and seem to believe that we all want to know who they support, who is their choice and who says what. 

Right now I am so grateful I live in Indiana and not one of the battleground states such as Ohio.  My family is Ohio is being inundated with presidential political ads as well as receiving phone calls and getting stacks of mail about the election. 

As one person mentioned on Facebook, I wish there was a button I could push to stop anything that mentions candidates, the election and politics. 

My views do not mean that I am not involved with this election.  I plan to vote and will make every effort to choose wisely with my vote.  It is important to me as a citizen and I am still enough of an activist that I want my voice to be heard. 

It just seems that right now with all the technology and social media available we cannot get away from this.  If it is not commercials, candidates and PAC's voicing their opinions it is my friends either re-posting items on Facebook or forwarding emails.  I am so glad I do not do Twitter!

As I tell the students in the classes I teach, it is important to vote.  There have been instances where a small group of individuals voting together have changed the course of history.  As citizens of this country it is our responsibility to make our voices heard and to do that on election day.  I'm just weary of all the "stuff" that is sent our way.

There are three weeks left until election day.  Be prepared, we will be more inundated as the date gets closer.  Whatever you do, take time that day to vote!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment.