Monday, April 25, 2016

You know you have been married for a long time...

This week was Pack Rat's and my anniversary.  It was definitely an exciting event.  On Tuesday night after we both got home from work we were watching the news.  The announcer recounted that April 19 was the anniversary of the Oklahoma City bombing.

"Wait a minute!" said Pack Rat, "Is today April 19?"

Me, "Yes, oh my goodness, it's our anniversary"  So you see Pack Rat is not the only clueless person in the family.

"Happy Anniversary" we say to each other.

Not exactly the exciting, romantic type of anniversary celebration many people experience.  When you have been married 41 years like we have I guess it is just another day.

To be honest I had thought about it a few days earlier and had planned to make a nice dinner so we can have a quiet evening at home.  We are going into Pack Rat's busy time of the year with work so for him it is hard to find a weekend or an evening that he is free for dinner out. 

I have had the honor and blessing to have been married to my best friend as well as a wonderful husband.  Yes, we have our squabbles but overall it has been a wonderful journey and I hope we have many more years together. 

Happy Anniversary, Pack Rat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment.