Friday, March 18, 2016

Phone Calls from Nashville - Priceless



One of the highlights of my week is the occasional phone call I get from Nashville, TN.  It usually goes like this,

"Hi Grandma!" says my grandson.

"Hi honey, how are you?"

"Fine Grandma, is Grandpa there?"

So usually when Ronan calls he immediately asks for the other person.  One day he called me while I was driving to work.  So I answered the phone and told him I was so happy to hear from him.  When he asked for Grandpa I told him,

"Grandpa is not with me, honey.  I am on my way to work and Grandpa is at home getting ready for work."

That call ended quickly because Ronan really wanted to talk to his grandpa.  I think he just enjoys directing the conversation and being in charge of who is on the other end.

During one conversation Ronan had talked to me and then asked to talk to his grandpa.  Then when the phone was handed back to me my husband said he thought Ronan as done.  I checked by asking for him and no one answered, so I hung up.

The phone rang immediately after that and I heard Ronan say, "Grandma, you hung up on me!"
Oh boy, was I in trouble.  I tried to explain that when I did not hear him say anything when I checked I thought he was gone.  I have now learned to wait until I am absolutely sure he has moved on before I hang up. 

Most recently we were talking to him and he proudly told us that he had "Green Coke" that day.  My husband and I thought since it was St. Patrick's Day maybe that is how he celebrated at day care.  We later found out that "Green Coke" is Sprite.  Makes sense.

The phone calls are always fun, short and a learning experience.  They are also priceless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment.