Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Rest in Heaven, Cowfan!

Things have been a little sad recently.  My husband and I learned that one of our longtime friends died recently. 

Bob(my husband) met Ty while Ty was still in college.  He asked my husband for a job working at the concerts my husband produced.  Bob hired Ty as a runner, someone who works the day of show getting items for the band and their road crew.  From that beginning Ty became a friend to both of us for over 30 years. 

Ty had nicknames for everyone.  Bob was "the Bald One" and I was "C-Mac"  He was in our lives through jobs, the birth of our son, the ups and downs of his life, the birth of our grandson and my graduation with a doctorate.  The last few years Ty fell on some hard times, often struggling financially.  Several times Bob would see Ty riding his bicycle and give him a ride to where ever he was going.  We knew he had cancer and was getting treatment. 

One thing Ty did annually was host a NFL weekly football pool.  Bob participated in it annually and it made the football season more fun for him, matching wits with Ty and others in the pool on who made the best picks for the week.  When Ty did not send out his announcement for this year Bob was worried that his cancer had come back.  I did some research on Facebook and found out Ty had died on August 10.  He died surrounded by people who loved him.  Somehow through the vagaries of the workings of Facebook I did not see all the posts about Ty's final days, passing and memorial service.  So Bob and I are mourning his passing ourselves. 

I know that as Ty stepped from this world into Jesus' arms in heaven he was no longer in pain or suffering from the affects of cancer and its treatments.  It's a sad NFL season for Bob and anyone else who knew Cowfan (Ty's name in the pool). 

Rest in Heaven, Cowfan!  Know that you are loved and remembered fondly, especially on football Sundays when the NFL is playing.  We will miss you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment.