Monday, June 29, 2015

24PetWatch - Waiting for someone to answer the phone

So today I am trying to contact the company that has my dog's pet insurance (24PetWatch).  I had submitted a claim for quite a few medical procedures and treatments for my beagle, Sadie.  I followed the lengthy directions on submitting a claim.  That included attaching the medical bills, getting a statement of treatment and signature from my vet, including only things which were on the allowed list and sending in the claim. 

I received a very nice letter saying they received my claim but I needed to send them my pet's complete medical history.  I did not see that on the checklist on the claim form.  Then the letter said that if I did not respond to the letter within 25 days of the date on the letter they would consider the matter closed.  I looked all over the letter and did not see a date when it was sent.  

Right now I have been on the phone for ten minutes getting the following message,

"All of our agents are currently busy with other customers.  Thank you for your patience.  If you would like to maintain your position in the queue and have us return your call Press 1.  Your position in the queue is 4" 

I have been number 4 in the queue for 10 minutes.  They must have only one person working on the "queue" today.  Oh, now I just moved up to number 3 in the queue. 

It will be interesting to see if this is resolved and they pay any of the claim.  It seems like their business model is to place as many barriers as possible between the customer and them fulfilling their agreement to provide pet insurance to my dog. 

It does not sound promising because one line in the letter I received says, "Upon receipt of all required information and completion of our review,  you will receive a written response from our Claims Department."  Just a response, no mention of a check.    

Hopefully they do a better job if a dog is lost.  This company also has the microchip information for my dog. 

I just moved up to number 2 in the queue.  It has been almost 20 minutes on the phone.  It was amazing that when I purchased the insurance I did not have to wait this long on the phone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment.