Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

Yes, I know I am a few days late.  Last weekend I traveled to Nashville TN with my sister in law to visit my grandson (Ronan the Magnificent).  His great aunt had not met him yet so we decided to plan a road trip.  The trip included time with Ronan (and his parents) as well as a little shopping.

The trip was a huge success.  We visited the Jim Beam Distillery in Kentucky and took the tour.  This was after we went to the wrong location because of my sister in law's GPS.  We found out they don't give tours at the real Distillery, just the one set up for tours.  After that little side trip the tour was great.  We bought some bourbon and headed further south to Nashville.

We spent time with my grandson's mom while my son was away on tour for a few days.  Then we traveled 2 hours south to South Pittsburgh, TN to the Lodge Cast Iron Cookware outlet.  Now if you know my sister in law and me you would know that only we are crazy enough to drive two hours to check out cast iron cookware.  The drive down I-24 in Tennessee was beautiful.  The day was perfect and we had a great time (bought lots of cookware also).

Finally on Mother's Day my son made it home from his tour and we were able to all get together to celebrate the day.  Ronan's great grandmother stopped by also so it was a fun gathering of several generations.  We got to see him say many of his new words.  He has mastered "touchdown!" with the appropriate hand gestures.

All in all it was a wonderful trip.  I returned home with great memories, as well as photos and videos on my cell and camera.  I'm looking forward to the next visit where Ronan will have mastered more words and skills.

I hope your Mother's Day was a chance to connect with those you love and a chance to see your children.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment.