Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Vortex of Chaos

Have you ever had a week when you wonder "What in the world is going on?"  My last week seems like that.  I have had the most odd encounters with people the last week.  This morning as I was driving to work on the interstate a woman passed me who had a book on her steering wheel and she was reading!  We are traveling at 70 miles per hour in rush hour traffic and she is distracted with a book?  What the heck?  I'm just glad she passed me and moved on ahead.

In the last week I have had a police officer honk his horn at me when I stopped at a traffic light that was yellow and turning red.  He did not have his lights and siren on I guess he was just in a hurry.  If I would have run the light would he give me a ticket.  Again, what the heck?  I'm sorry I'm in your way Mr. Policeman but most of us have to abide by the traffic laws.

It just seems like I have had multiple incidents of oddness, rudeness or outright idiocy occur in my day to day activities of life.  While shopping in the grocery store I was yelled at by an old lady who thought I was moving too slowly in the aisle.

I'm not sure if the cause of all this odd activity is because it is tax time in the United States or because the Aurora Borealis is active right now because of sun spots or what is going on.  All I know is that I seem to be stuck in some type of vortex of chaos that won't go away.

My husband and I were talking about this the other night and trying to decide what was going on.  He thought we were stuck in a cycle of evil.  Even though evil things are happening - just look at the carnage at the Boston Marathon and the hundreds of lives devastated by the act of someone.  Yet my experiences seem to be more odd that evil.  That is why I named it the Vortex of Chaos.

I will probably revisit this idea over time as other odd things happen.  I'm just hoping that my life gets back to the point where the oddness moves on or I just don't notice it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment.